I am on dexamethazone, a steroid to reduce swelling caused by the cancer in the brachial plexus. Steroids are short term solutions so Dr. M. is weaning me off so I can get back to sleep--hallelujah! It will still take a few days to recover to normal. Meanwhile I have also been struggling with nerve pain and other pain to my left arm. I also fear that I will never recover use of it. I have seen no improvements. Yesterday the nerve medication seemed to kick in with a vengeance. I was so dizzy. Mary did not want to let me rest. I was grouchy.
But, while you all have been peacefully slumbering (I'm assuming--and sincerely hope!)... I have been enjoying a wonderful book called Joseph & Emma: A Love Story by Marsha Newman and Buddy Youngreen. I am borrowing it from my grandma, which for some reason makes it even more enjoyable. This book talks about the deep love, even some of the romantic love between Joseph and Emma Hale Smith. It has insights I had never before considered. It is a novel and therefore the authors have taken a few literary liberties. But I shall never think of Joseph and Emma the same. I have always been very sympathetic to Emma, I have never condemned her at all, have loved and cherished her. But this book adds even more. It tells of how they adored each other. Joseph would carry Emma sometimes, he sought for her comfort above anything else. She did the same for him. She would watch other couples and notice that she and Joseph had something so special and unique. It makes me happy that Joseph and Emma had such a special gift given to them to help them endure their lives of pain.
There is also Volume II that I have in my possession and will read it next. Looking forward to it....
1 comment:
I'm hoping that you will soon find sleep! I think about you a lot and want you to know that you are such an example to me. What have I got to complain or be grumpy about. You are an elect woman as was Emma Smith! I love you!!
Post a Comment