Tuesday, October 5, 2010

prayer

I had something wonderful happen yesterday at the end of a long and somewhat depressing day.  I wish I had the time and energy to script it all out.  The short version is we were trying to get family home evening to happen.  I was lying on my bed totally under a blanket, near melt-down status.   I quite often allow myself to succomb to those moments (I'm really embarrassed to admit that) and feel horrible about it for days to come.  But last night I sat up,  I bowed my head and I prayed for help.  I did not get any strong impression or feeling or anything like that but just said to myself, "Now go be nice, you can do that much."  And I did.  And I even started feeling it in my heart and it turned out to be a most pleasant evening with my family.  I am still basking in the of the wonder and simplicity of it all.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Katie, I love you so much! What a wonderful tender mercy. Heavenly Father loves you. I pray continually that He will continue to bless and comfort you.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty and simplicity of a timely answered prayer.

Anonymous said...

The power of the simple. I wish I could have that much faith. I love you and thanks for sharing.

Dad